Which vape pod option is best for you?
You have probably heard there are prefilled and refillable vape pods on the market.
With so much jargon out there and different kinds of devices to take on board, it’s easy to get confused. You may find it difficult for you to pick the right device to cater to your own needs.
Picking the right vape from the start will allow for a smooth transition from cigarettes to vaping without any hiccups.
Whether you’re brand new to the vaping scene or a seasoned veteran - VAPEBOX has you covered.
Read on as we outline the differences between the common types of vape pods and why you may pick one over the other.
Prefilled vs. Refillable Vape Pods: Which Are Best?
Prefilled Pod Vapes are the kind of devices that are most readily accessible. One of the most popular prefilled brands in New Zealand would be RELX, which you can check out here. Prefilled pod vapes are lightweight pen-shaped devices that fit well in the hand of any beginner to experienced vaper.
In between disposable and more complicated refillable options, the prefilled vape is straightforward to use short-term or long-term.
Whether you’re someone who’s always on the move or wants to just get up and go with their device, prefilled vapes are a great choice, especially when first starting out. You don’t have to deal with the hassle of changing coils, picking flavours, or navigating nicotine content.
You simply grab your prefilled device and go! These devices are easy to operate, so smooth the transition from smoking to vape. Part of that ease is their lightweight likeness to the shape of a cigarette.
PROS Of A Prefilled Vape:
- Accessible, all you need is a USB to charge the device and a pair of lips to vape with.
- No coils or opening the device required.
- Unlikely to get any burnt taste – the end of the pod's life generally coincides with the amount of juice inside the prefilled pod.
- A solid small range of flavours to cater to most people.
CONS Of A Prefilled Vape:
- Not eco-friendly, lots of plastic pod waste routinely disposed.
- Limited flavour selection and vape power.
- Very restricted nicotine content ranges.
- Although an initially attractive cost for the device, could be pricier in the long run due to having to buy disposable pods.
- Due to relatively new regulations, you are unlikely to find any flavours outside menthol or mint at your nearby gas station or liquor store. Luckily, VAPEBOX has you covered with flavourful juices to give life to your prefilled RELX Infinity vape, which you can order from the comfort of your home here.
Refillable Vape Pods
Refillable Pod Vapes, like the popular Uwell Caliburn A2 Pod Kit, are slightly more involved than their prefilled counterparts. But, they open up a wider world of flavours to choose from, more vape power, and better cost efficiency long-term.
Depending on the device you buy, some involve changing the actual coil of the device and others, like the Uwell Caliburn A2, have the coil and pod integrated. You change them out like you would a pre-filled pod, with the only difference being that you choose and fill the juice yourself. The best juices to use in these are our Nic Salt range, which are more suited for these devices with faster nicotine administration.
If you are first starting out with vaping, refillable vapes can be a good starting point. These devices offer longer lasting coils with vastly more cost-efficient price ranges. Compared to prefilled vapes, they can put less strain on your wallet if you are considering to swap to vaping for the long term.
PROS Of Refillable Vape Pods:
- Full control over nicotine content, huge range of juice flavours.
- More powerful devices than prefilled vapes.
- Higher initial investment of device, yet the pods and juice will be cheaper in the long term than prefilled devices
- More environmentally friendly, less disposable of plastic waste than refillable counterpart
- The individual juices can feel like a big investment if you buy a juice that you may not like the taste of.
- Replacing pods/coils/juice takes a matter of seconds when you know what you are doing. But, having more control over a device may be a turnoff people who want the easiest accessibility
Making Your Choice
So, which is the right option for you?
By now, you probably have some idea about the sort of device you want to use. Both types of devices are great starting points for cigarette cessation, with one option being slightly more involved but carrying a higher return on investment.
You can purchase a prefilled vape pod kit here to see if vaping is a sustainable alternative to smoking for you. Or, if you feel more inclined towards a refillable device, you can pick a colour right here.